Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Monday! Grilled Veggie Goodness


Happy Monday Y’all!! That was my inner Paula Deen coming out.  How is everyone this Monday morning? I am sure you are excited to be back to work.  I worked all weekend and have a closing shift tonight which is never fun in my book.  

So I was reflecting last night and thinking about how the nights are getting shorter and the air is cooler and I happened to go through some of my pictures of food that I have and deciding which recipe to post. I decided on grilled veggies. I think it is still a great time to use that grill. This is a simple recipe and I am sure to please. This recipe is universal so you can do pretty much any veggie you want. I went with classic potatoes because they go so well with burgers if you are cooking a burger, but these would be great with any other meat at that. 

Don't mind the burgers in the pictures, that is for another day coming soon....





Here’s how you do it.

1.       1. Cut your veggies
2.       2. Put your veggies into a bowl add any seasoning you want (I used salt, pepper and grill seasoning)
       3. Toss with some EVOO
4.       4. Place on grill flipping after a few minutes (look at those awesome grill marks!)
5.       5. Take off the grill and enjoy!

You guys this couldn’t be simpler and it really helps bring out the flavors in the veggies.  I suggest you try this before it gets too cold out there, I promise you will it enjoy it.  If you do not have a grill, use a grill pan or you can do the same method and roast them in the oven (I will show you that next time).

Have a great Monday and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment