Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BLT...salad?


Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope all is well with everyone. I have been a busy bee today. I had to cook my dinner for tonight this morning so that was fun. I haven’t looked at the pictures yet, but I really hope I took some good ones.  Do you want to know what it is?? Ok, a Lemon Risotto and Orange Balsamic glazed Chicken.   Sounds good? I will have to let you  know when I try them tonight. For now I have a super simple easy light lunch recipe. 

I love BLTs. Every summer when the tomatoes where ripe from the garden my parents would always make BLTs. I would be in charge of toasting the bread and my dad would cook the bacon. I swear I would eat five of these! I needed a lunch one day because I didn’t go shopping, but I had some precooked crumbled bacon on hand and also some cherry tomatoes from my garden.  Looking around my fridge I found what else but lettuce! After thinking I was going to have to buy a lunch it dawned on me to turn one of my favorite  sandwiches into a light lunch and it worked out perfect!
Real Bacon or just cook your own either way is fine

A one bowl light lunch or dinner

This is what you need and how you do it.

Lettuce, cherry tomatoes (or you can chop up a large one) and Bacon (you can use any kind you like or just buy it cooked just please make sure it is real bacon and not bacon bits. Those are not real bacon).
Add the ingredients to a bowl add a little Parmesan cheese if you like and then just top with a simple dressing, EVOO and vinegar or you could do a little EVOO and lemon juice.  If you want to take it over the top use ranch dressing, but I was trying to keep it simple and light.

That’s its guys! I hope you try it and now is the perfect time with tomatoes being in season.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment