Monday, September 19, 2011

Chocolate Bread


Hello all! Please excuse me for the lack of updates. My promise to you is that I am going to give you more food, more bang for your buck and much more (fingers crossed). What a weekend! I had a wedding, went to an orchard and a baby shower! I ate a ton, it was so good! The wedding had great food and really nice choices.  One of the meats served was sliced ham and it had this wonderful pineapple glaze and the ham melted in your mouth. At the baby shower there was unbelievable cupcakes. Wow is all I can say. I need to learn to bake cupcakes like the ones I had. I will try to get more information on them soon.

This recipe today is really good and what is better than chocolate? This is Paula Deens Chocolate Bread. It was very moist and very brownie like. It is very simple and easy to make and is a perfect gift to give.  It calls for chopped pecans, but I left those out but did add a few to the top. I did add the chocolate chips and I dusted them with flour so they wouldn’t sink.  I also had normal size chocolate chips, but I would advise getting mini chocolate chips because they won’t sink as much, plus the flour helps. I made four mini loaves and one large. The minis took a little less time than the large, just keep an eye on them.

I hope you guys try this, its super good!
Mix you dry

add the dry to the wet

chocolate Bread

Mini Loaf with pecans



Recipe adapted from Paula Deen

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour 1 9 by 5-inch loaf pans and 4 mini loaf pans.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in the chocolate morsels. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Shield the bread with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Chocolate Bread with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce Yum-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment