Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream-Two Ingredients!

How is everyone doing this week?  Does this seem like a long week to anyone? I feel like it is dragging by. The leaves are changing colors so fast where I live. I can’t believe fall here! I have a lot of fall recipes I want to try so I cannot wait to share those with you. 

For now though I want to give you guys something easy, inexpensive and fun to make. It’s the perfect thing to make before the weather really starts turning cold. I paired this up with my Chocolate Bread I posted about earlier this week.  It’s so simple, seriously you guys should try it. My take on mint chocolate chip ice cream was throwing in real chocolate chip cookies. I also didn’t have greed food coloring hence the reason it is not green. I know traditionally mint chocolate chip cookie ice cream is green, but I am trying to save some cash.

It is really rich and creamy and I love the mint with the bite of the chocolate chip cookies.


For the Ice Cream you need only two ingredients:
1 pt of Heavy Cream
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Here is how you make it:

Two Ingredient Ice Cream adapted from Eagle Brand
  • 2 Cups (1 pts) Whipping Cream (original recipe uses Heavy Whipping Cream)
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 tablespoons Mint extract
  • 2 Cups of chopped Chocolate chip Cookies (homemade or store bought)
Place your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about an hour before making this. You want them nice and cold. Also make sure the Whipping Cream is also right out of the refrigerator. These ingredients have to be cold to ensure nice peaks.


Mix 1 can of Sweetened condensed milk with the mint extract and your chopped cookies. Set aside. Pour your whipping cream into your mixing bowl and slowly start mixing. Keep increasing the speed and mix until stiff peaks form. (This is your basic whipping cream. If you have never made homemade whipping cream do it! It is super simple and so much better than the canned or plastic container stuff)

When you have stiff peaks carefully add some of the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture and fold in. Do not stir. Keep adding your whipping cream until it is all combined.  Pour into a tightly sealed container and freeze for 6 hours.  When ready take out and enjoy!

****You can whip heavy cream with normal handheld beaters.  Just make sure your bowl and beaters are very cold and follow the same directions.




No comments:

Post a Comment