Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall is here! Pumplin Bread....or Pumpkin Bread


Happy Fall! Fall is officially here and where I live there is no doubt that it is here and ready to stay. I really do enjoy the fall. It is one of the many reasons why I moved back from L.A to the Midwest. I do miss L.A at times though. I have a lot of great memories.

 So you might be wondering what I was doing in L.A. Well I lived, went to school and worked there for 6 months. It was for a program through my home school. My major is in communications with a film concentration. I worked on the Megan Mullally Show, interning first and then they hired me. If you are wondering who Megan Mullally is she is Karen from Will and Grace. I had a great time and met a lot of great people, but there is something about the Midwest that I love hence the reason I am back.

So back to fall and with fall brings pumpkins or pumplins in my book. Pumplins came about because I was texting a friend one day and instead of typing pumpkin I typed pumplin, so ever since than its been pumplins.

I am pumpkin obsessed at the moment. I get like this every fall. I want everything pumpkin. I have been searching for a pumpkin bread for a few weeks and a co-worker handed this one off to me. I tried it and loved it. It is moist, has a nice crumb, just simply perfect. So I hope you enjoy this one and what a great way to welcome in fall!

Enjoy







Pumpkin Bread

Makes one loaf

1 1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1 2/3 cups flour
¼ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. all spice
¼ tsp. ginger
¾ tsp salt
1/3 cup water
½ cup chopped nuts or lots of raisins (optional) I left these out

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs and pumpkin and beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with the water. Stir in nuts or raisins if using. Bake 1 ½ hours* at 350. In a loaf pan (9x5x3).

My bread took way less than 1 ½ hours. Mine was more 1 hour and 15 minutes and even than I could have used a little less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment