Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hot Breakfast Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

How is everyone’s weekend so far? Enjoy your weather? Where I live it was sunny and cold!
Also sitting in my garage at 8 in the morning wasn’t so fun either. I had an end of summer, beginning of fall garage sale today. Not a lot of sleep, up early in the morning, tons of coffee type of deal. While it was a success, it was not as big as my last one. I think the cold kept people away, but any money helps though.

Keeping with the fall I wanted to give you guys a recipe that was fast and used ingredients that are in season and man do I have a good one for you. The best thing yet is it can be made in a microwave! How cool right?

How does apples and cinnamon oatmeal sound? Good huh? It is a wonderful easy breakfast that will keep you full and going for hours. Remember breakfast is your most important meal so give this one a try. It’s almost like a warm apple pie, yum-o.



Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Ingredients

½ of an apple depending on the size, any type you like (a sweeter one is really good)
1 tsp of cinnamon (or to taste)
A dash of nutmeg
½ cup of oatmeal
1 ½ cups of water or milk
Sugar or any sweetener to taste

Cut apply in half, take out core and cut into small chunks. (I only need a half of apple). Put on your cinnamon and nutmeg and sweetener of choice. Stir. Place in microwave for 45 seconds. This is to give the apple some tenderness.

Take out and add your oatmeal and add your liquid of choice. Place back in the microwave and microwave for another 2 minutes.

Let cool. Add another pinch of cinnamon if desired and enjoy!

You have to cook the apple first so this way it will get tender, also cutting into smaller chunks helps, but remember not to cut too small because you want it slightly chunky. My apple still had a slight bite to it, but was nice and warm like an apple pie.

I hope you guys try this one, it was so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment