Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December 1st, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Can you believe it is December 1st already?! I am still getting my decorations up! Talk about the holidays being overwhelming. I feel like my list to do is getting longer and longer. What I really need to do is get on the ball and start my holiday baking, which still needs to be done. I am really trying to get my Christmas decorations up, so hopefully after this weekend I will start. 

Since we are talking about baking here is a cookie I tried during the summer. This is the cookie I made for my Mint chocolate chip cookie ice cream. I found the recipe from one of the blogs I visit Brown Eyed Baker and I really loved them. They stayed moist and chewy and I even messed up. I was adding just an egg yolk when I noticed the white got into the batter because I was taking the yolk out wrong. I also didn’t weight my ingredients ( I don’t have a scale) and I made them into normal size cookies. They still came out great and here is my version!



Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Original recipe found here

2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (10 5/8 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup packed (7 ounces) light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.

3. Mix the butter and sugars until blended. Beat in the eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in the chips.

4. Roll about 2 tbs of dough into a ball or scoop out with a cookie scoop.

5. Bake until the cookies are light golden brown and the outer edges start to harden yet the centers are still soft and puffy, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the sheets. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets and enjoy but in a tightly sealed container.

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Chewy cookie seem to be popular in my house too. Your recipe sound good Matt!

    About your question can you substitute SAF yeast? Yes! You can use instant yeast or any dry yeast, and follow the direction on the package. The reason why I like to use SAF is that I don't have to dissolve the yeast with water before using it. I can just put all ingredients together to mix. I hope you really try to make Kolaches, they are so good. Good luck!

    Cheers,
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete