Monday, November 14, 2011

2 Year Anniversary and Appetizers Stuffed Spinach and Artichoke Mushrooms

It’s a new week and another Monday. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I loved having the weekend off but it went way to fast. The weather has been so crazy this weekend too! The wind could have blown me away yesterday and today there was reported tornado in the area! Wonderful November weather.

While I was looking at my site this weekend I noticed that it has been two years since I started this blog! I started in November of 2009. How exciting! I gave the blog a slightly new look, and hope to do a few more things to the blog in the near future.

I have been planning my Holiday Extravaganza this weekend and have been challenged to make new and exciting cookies, bars, and pastries. I am always up for a challenge so I can’t wait to see what I can do.  I am narrowing down the list and going to start soon.

Since Thanksgiving is very close I wanted to give you guys some quick and fun side dishes and appetizers. This post was one of my first posts I did for my blog in 2010, but it’s a great appetizer. Stuffed Mushrooms! These are actually stuffed spinach and artichoke mushrooms. They are super simple and if you loved spinach dip you will love these.
clean those shrooms!

take out the stem

getting ready to chop the artichokes

Mix your cheese's, spinach and artichokes

stuff those mushrooms

yummy goodness

 I found this recipe on Taste of Home found here. I hope you guys try these this year. I lighted it up a bit. See my notes in ( ).

Stuffed Spinach and Artichoke Mushrooms
  • 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened (low fat)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Olive Oil Mayo)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (low fat)
  • 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 30 to 35 large fresh mushrooms
  • Breadcrumbs added to top, about 1/2 cup
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in the artichokes, spinach, mozzarella cheese, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and garlic powder and salt and pepper.

Remove stems from mushrooms (discard stems or save for another use). Wipe mushrooms with a damn cloth, do NOT run them under water, otherwise they will become rubbery. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.

Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender

These are so good and tender and whats even better it really only takes about 10-15 minutes to whip together. Also you can place filled mushrooms in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. Just cover them while in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment