Friday, November 11, 2011

First snowfall, Pumpkin Gingersnaps and Holiday Extravaganza

Hello! Happy Friday and TGIF! I am really excited because I have the weekend off! It’s been a few weeks and now I get to enjoy the weekend. I don’t have much planned just a little bit of cooking and relaxing as much as I can.

 Yesterday we also had our first snowfall! It was crazy seeing the stuff again, but I guess its that time. Did you guys have any snow by you?

So I have been talking about my holiday extravaganza for awhile now and I can’t wait to share it all with you.

Last year I made 16 different types of cookies/bars/treats for the holiday. I wish I had better pictures of all the cookies. I don’t know what came over me, but I started my normal holiday baking and I kept reading more food blogs and food magazines and I just went over the top. My biggest problem was I didn’t keep better track of the treats I made. The same goes for my Thanksgiving treats last year. I know I made Gingerbread cake balls, a Pumpkin Roll and a Jell-O pumpkin dessert but I can only find one picture of them.

Anyways this year is totally different. I am planning and  watching the paper for good sales and coupons. I’ve bought a TON of butter already and plan to buy just a few more. I found an amazing deal on butter so I have been stocking up (1.99 to be exact and if you know butter prices this is a steal). I use real butter so it’s a bit more expensive so I have to watch for sales on it. I also bought my sugar and would like to get two more bags but I really have to concentrate on my chocolate and flour now. 

I have dug out all my holiday baking books, have bookmarked a ton of different cookies and I starting the planning. So far I have the usually on the list, Fudge, Peanut Butter Balls (two batches), Rolo cookies and snicker cookies. These always fly off the dessert plate first. I will share more as the week goes on and I should have my list narrowed down by next Friday along with planning my side dishes I am bringing to my friends for Thanksgiving (more on that next week).

Since I have been talking about baking so much I wanted to share a cookie with you. This comes from one of the food blogs I visit Two Peas and their Pod. They have a ton of good recipes and I saw this one and really wanted to try it. I really love the taste of ginger and I saw these pumpkin gingersnap cookies. I had to try these because I thought the two flavors would be amazing. The result was a super moist cookie that was amazing. Mine didn’t have two much of a pumpkin taste to it, so if you are afraid of it, don’t be.  One thing about these cookies, don’t take them out of the oven too soon. My inflated and as soon as I took them out they flattened. Don’t be afraid to bake them an extra minute or two. Since these are from another blog here is the link to find their recipe. I hope you guys try these and enjoy!

Everything I go through, plus more!

mmmm cookies, Two Peas and there Pod had better pics, but mine were still good!


Pumpkin Gingersnap cookies recipes found here

No comments:

Post a Comment