Monday, November 7, 2011

Corn Chowder Pasta

Hello everyone! How is your Monday? I worked all weekend so it flew by and cannot wait until Tuesday because I have a day off to relax. I am super excited about my baking extravaganza that I mentioned a few days ago. In preparing to making everything I have planned I bought 5 packs of butter! Oh yes, 5 packs. I need more too.Thankfully a store had them on sale for dirt cheap which allowed me to get that many.  I go all out for my baking extravaganza, but I will talk about this more this week.

I overdosed on candy again this weekend, I even worked out and had a cupcake after lol. I love my sweets. I tried eating healthy most of the weekend though. I have a super healthy dinner even though it says Chowder in the title. I used whole wheat pasta and chicken broth instead of cream. This pasta tasted so fresh and had a nice cream to it due to the corn. This was really good and a great recipe if you are looking to get more whole grains and veggies in your diet. Rachael Ray made this a few times and I was so glad I tried it. I hope you guys try it it makes a ton!

Look how HUGE this was!

chopped veggies

a few things you will need

brown up the bacon, careful it liked to splatter a bit

No milk here, corn and chicken stock


Its such a beauty, serve right out of the pan


Corn Chowder Pasta


Adapted from Rachael Ray-Summer Corn Fettuccine

Ingridents;

1 pound Lingine
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
12 slices Canadian bacon,(if using the smaller size)  chopped (you can omit this)
6 ears corn on the cob, shucked
1 Onion finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 to a 1 cup chicken stock, depends on how thick you want it
2 ts Dried Thyme leaves
A few dashes of hot sauce or 1-2 pinches cayenne pepper
1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano

Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium heat. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook to al dente.
While the pasta is coming up to a boil, scrape your corn kernels off the cob, making sure you are getting the juices from the ears of corn.

Add about three-quarters of the scraped corn and any corn liquid to the pan with the bacon. Add the onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 5-6 minutes.

Add the remaining corn and chicken stock to a food processor (or blender) and puree until smooth.
Pour mixture into the veggies and simmer over low heat. . Stir in the thyme and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, to thicken. Add the hot sauce or cayenne and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Drain the pasta and add it to your veggie mixture, stir, top with Parmigiano Reggiano.

I actually served this as a side dish to chicken or it can be your main dish. Hope you guys try this.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment