Thursday, January 12, 2012

Keeping with the healthy trend...Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

I am not sure how many times I have said I LOVE sweets. I think I could really eat them everyday and every meal. I especially love frosting. When eating cake or cupcakes I always tend to eat the cake part first than the frosting. It is so sugary and sweet...yum!

Hopefully I didn't make you run out and buy a tub of frosting to eat out of the tub, not that I ever would...

Since I am health conscious and I know that I cannot eat sweets all the time, I really do try to find ways to have my cake and eat it to. For today's recipe I turned to Hungry Girl for her Yum Yum Brownie Muffins. First it is super simple, second there is only two ingredients and third when I heard about these I wanted to try them because I really wanted a cupcake.

The only two ingredients that you need are a chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin NOT canned pumpkin pie.  Now you make think that this is going to taste like pumpkin, but nope, no pumpkin taste at all. Please keep in mind that there is sugar in the cake mix so there will be sugar in the cupcakes themselves. I believe Betty Crocker has a Sugar Free cake mix, but I have not tried this recipe with that so I am not sure if that will work or not.

The only thing I would have done different is maybe added some mini chocolate chips in it because I felt like it needed something a little more. You can also get fat free cool whip and put a dollop on top which would be really good also.these do come out super moist and have a texture mix between a cake and muffin. While still these might not be as healthy as a chicken breast, its a nice way to enjoy a cupcake/muffin with a little guilt.





Recipe from Hungry Girl

Ingredients/recipe 
1 (18 1/4-ounce) box devil's food cake mix 
1 (15-ounce) can 100-percent pure pumpkin

Preheat the oven to 400.

Mix the cake mix with the can of pumpkin, whisking to remove any lumps. The batter will be thick. Pour into 12 foil cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.

Let cool and enjoy!

these are the stats from Hungry Girl:  PER SERVING (1 muffin): 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 357mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugars, 2g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment