Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learning from mistakes and enjoying Comfort food


So this week I made a mistake at work. Nothing I want to get into, but something I could have prevented. The one good thing about mistakes is they are learning tools. Since this happened, I am more cautious and aware of the things I am doing.

This has led me to two things. One I want comfort food. Food that makes me feel better is my type of comfort food. Secondly it makes me wants sweet, like a whole cake or a dozen cupcakes lol.  I am not showing sweets today, but I do want to show you guys a great comfort meal. Pork Schnitzel with waffle fries and green beans. I tried staying with the healthy theme, but I thought waffle fries would be perfect with this. 


  

Ingredients/recipe

8 thin boneless pork loin chops, (you can also thin out pork chops)
Salt and pepper
2 large eggs (you can use egg whites too)
1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs (whole wheat if you can find some)
EVOO
Your choice of fries
Your choice of any green

Using two dishes, put the eggs in one (beat them) and the breadcrumbs in another. Dip your pork chops in the eggs than the breadcrumbs. Heat 1/4 inch of evoo in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry cutlets 2 at a time (if two will fit) for 3-4 minutes on each side, until brown and cooked through.  You could also bake these at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. 

Heat your French Fries and green of choice as directed on package if using a package. 

It is as simple as that folks. I hope you guys try this and if pork isn’t your thing use chicken. I won’t know, and trust me I’ve used chicken before too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment