Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki Sauce

Hello. So I wasn’t sure what I should talk about today because I had two things in mind. I guess one thing that I did want to talk about is things that stay in the dark will come to the light. I always pray that I can see things that I don’t see behind my back and when the time is right I find out what people are really saying or talking about. 

I know this isn’t my normal post to complain, but it is sad that the world is still like this. You put trust into people but you find out the truth later. I am a pretty optimistic person so I just try to let it roll off one shoulder and go to the next.  You move on, but learn from this. 

Anyways, let’s get out to food! I made this dish a few weeks ago and thought it was super simple and wanted to share. It’s a 30 minute meal from Everyday from Rachael Ray and has really nice flavors. It reminded me of a chicken gyro because of the Tzatziki sauce. I also used pita bread instead of the naan bread and it still tasted great.  This one is a winner and I hope you guys like it.

 

 

 

Here is how to do it:

Ingredients/recipe

Adapted from: Rachael Ray

Ingredients/recipe

1 ½ pounds of chicken breast

Salt and pepper

 2 lemons

3 garlic cloves chopped

A pinch of dried oregano

½ a cup Evoo

1 cup of Greek yogurt

1 ts ground coriander (optional)

½ ts ground cumin

½ cup feta crumbles or to taste

½ a cucumber grated and drained

1 tbs of mint leaves

Parsley

Toppings: Tomatoes, red onions and sweet peppers all opitional.

Place the cucumber in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes. Press out the liquid.
In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the EVOO, half the lemon juice, three-quarters of the garlic, the parsley and oregano. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, drop into the bag and marinate for 10 minutes while you preheat the broiler. 

Scatter the chicken across a broiler pan and broil, turning once, until charred and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. 

In a food processor, blender or just chop by hand like I did, purée the drained cucumber, the yogurt, the remaining lemon juice and garlic, the mint, coriander and cumin; season with pepper. 

Pile the chicken onto the pita bread, top with tomatoes, red onions, and sweet peppers, Tzatziki sauce and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment