Thursday, May 17, 2012

Classic-Updated Hawaiian Fruit Salad

Hello everyone! How has everyone's week been? Its almost Friday and almost the weekend (or it could be Friday or the weekend for all I know). I am excited about this weekend, I have a few things planned, but its also the big B-Day for me. Remember I'm still eternally 21.

I am not sure about my cake this year, but hopefully I will figure out what I want for it by this weekend. Last year I had a whoopie pie cake, which I really should share with you guys but today I wanted to share a classic recipe, kind of updated. It is tired and true Hawaiian fruit salad, but I updated it. I learned this from a co-worker and I really wanted to share it with you.



Here is how you do it:

Ingredients/recipe

1 can mandarin oranges 
1 can crushed pineapple 
1 bag shredded coconut-or add to taste
1 bag miniature marshmallows
1 8oz tube of Cool Whip
1 3.4 oz Vanilla Pudding
1 8oz Cream Cheese-room temperature
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds

Drain mandarin oranges and pineapple.
While the fruit is draining, in a mixing bowl whip your cream cheese until fluffy and stir in your cool whip. It should be a light, creamy mixture.
 In a large bowl, combine pineapple, mandarin oranges, and coconut. Add miniature marshmallows and mix well. Put in refrigerator and let cool and marinate for a few hours (I find you get the best flavor this way).


I hope you guys try this, it is great for parties and with Memorial Day right around the corner it would amazing for that.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What about the vanilla pudding and nuts?

    ReplyDelete