Friday, May 25, 2012

Smoky Guacamole



Greetings! How is everyone? I am so excited because of this heat wave we are having in the Midwest. It is actually suppose to be hotter than I thought, but it is going to make a great weekend. I am also excited about this weekend because its Memorial Day weekend which means good food. I am hoping to bring out the grill to do some grilling.

One problem I always have is coming up with sides. I don’t know why, but I can never think of anything and I always like to try something different besides potato salad. One thing that I really love is dips. I love chips and love dipping my chips in the dip. 

This one dip is so simple and amazing, and you guys are going to love it. Guacamole! This couldn’t be simpler. You pretty much throw everything into a bowl and mix. One thing that I tried this time was soaking my red onion in the lime and lemon juice. I saw this on Rachael Ray, of course lol, and thought the flavors of the guacamole were amazing. I added two small chipotle in adobo to the mix to make a smoke guacamole. This is optional you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to. The guacamole tastes great also without it.  I hope you guys try this this weekend and enjoy!

Here’s how you do it.

 

Ingredients/recipe

½ small red onion, finely chopped

Juice of 1 lemon

Juice of 1 lime

Salt

2 avocados

1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped

Cilantro- to taste

2 small chipotle in adobo from the can , finally chopped. (this is optional, do not through in the while can!)

2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

First chop your onion and put in a small bowl, add the juice of the lemon and lime and salt. Let sit for ten minutes.

Put your chopped avocado, cilantro and garlic in another bowl.

Once the onion has been sitting in the juice for ten minutes add to your avocado mixture, mix and enjoy!

 

To help your guacamole from browning fast, cover with plastic wrap and put it directly on the guacamole. The juice from the lemon and lime will also help, but I find that keeping the plastic wrap on top helps too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment