Monday, February 20, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Roll Ups


Hello and happy Monday! I am excited today because I finished my taxes today, and I am going for a quick visit to the doctors (nothings wrong, just going to make sure I'm healthy) I  wanted to give you guys a super simple appetizer/snack that will be sure to please (at least I hope so). 

I served these garlic Parmesan Rolls Ups for a store meeting and everyone loved them! I was excited because I wasn't sure these turned out how I wanted, but everyone said how much they liked them and wanted the recipe. We were having a potluck, and the main dish was pizza. These went great with that, but these would also go great with pasta. 

Make your Garlic Butter (I put my Italian Seasoning w/the butter, you don't have to though)

Roll out your pie crust
Brush with butter

Top with Parmesan Cheese and Italian Seasoning


Cut into strips and twist (don't mind my peanut butter balls in the background, I was multitasking)

Golden brown and ready to serve!


Ingredients/recipe

1 box refrigerated pie crusts
½ cup butter
2 Cloves of Garlic (or 1 it’s up to you)
Parmesan Cheese (to taste)
Italian Seasoning (to taste)


First, soften your pie crust as directed on the box. While your pie crust is coming to room temperature, melt your butter and a cut your garlic open, don’t worry about slicing it you just want to get the garlic flavor) and put it in the pot with the butter. Let this infuse for about 5 minutes or longer if you want more of a garlicky flavor.

Next unroll one of your pie crusts. Once the butter is melted, brush the garlic butter mixture on the inside. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning to taste. Place the next pie crust on top of the first pie crust. Use a rolling pin roll over the top pie crust to seal these together.

Once you roll the two pie crusts together, brush the top layer with more butter, Parmesan Cheese and season to taste with your Italian Seasoning.  Using a large knife or a pizza cutter, cut into long strips. Once you have them all cut, hold the two ends and slowly twist. *** Place on a baking sheet (I covered mine with tin foil) and brush with the remaining garlic butter. If you don’t have any left just spray with a little pam.

Bake at 425 for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
 

These are a fun snack and also fun to do with your kids too. I hope you guys try these. Enjoy!

***Quite a few of mine started coming apart when I twisted them. If this happens, no worries just keep moving along and just go for that rustic look.


No comments:

Post a Comment