Friday, February 24, 2012

Yay for Lavash!


Hello all! How are you this fine night/morning/afternoon? I am super excited because I received a phone call from my roommate saying he found….Lavash…yes say it with me…Lavash. 

Lavash is flat bread. You can do a million things with these and they are very low in calories…1 sheet is only 100 calories. They are also filled with protein, 5 grams and fiber, 3 grams. I saw them on Hungry Girl almost a year ago when her show first aired. I thought I would never come across this unless I went to a Whole Foods or a Trader Joes. It was definitely a surprise when I received that phone call today.

I know right now that you are thinking that you are never going to find Lavash either, but hold on to your seats because I am going to tell you that you should be able to find it at a local store. Super-Wal-Mart. Yep. Wal-Mart. Who knew? I also live in a small town in the Midwest, so I am sure if mine have it, yours have it. My roommate found it in the bakery section where they store all the baked bread. Take a look. I really hope yours have it, and if not try your local grocery store. Mine was by the Flat Out bread. 

I made wraps, which I will share with you later, but for tonight I am going to show you how to make Lavash chips. 

Here it is!

This is it, a big sheet of flat bread
cut them into little chips, whatever shape you like and spray with pam

Here they are nice and crispy an ready to be dipped into salsa!


Adapted from Hungry Girl

Ingredients/recipe

1 package of Lavash
Salt to taste
Anything you want to dip your chips in, I used salsa but hummus would be really good.

First, cut all your lavash into pieces, any shape you like. Lay on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Heat your oven to 425 and bake 2-3 minutes until light brown and crispy. Take out, let cool and enjoy!

These chips are so easy, and so worth it. I hope you guys run out and find this. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment