Monday, February 13, 2012

Two Ingredient Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream!!!!


How is everyone today? I had a really nice three day weekend, but it went so fast! I stayed busy and tried to get as many things done as I could, but I still have a long list of things to do.

So tomorrow is the big day for lovers…and if you don’t have someone, don’t worry. You can go out with one of your best friends, or a family member or even take yourself out. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a day where we only share our love with a girlfriend, boyfriend, wife or husband we should share our love with those around us.

I say this because this weekend while I was running around, I was at one store and they had a TON of balloons and there was an old man in front of me. He told me to go ahead of him and went and grabbed a whole bunch of balloons and passed them out to all the ladies in the store. It was so cute! He was talking to the ladies and said that he feels better to give that receive.

Today’s recipe is one to share and I am so excited to share it with you. Remember those cookies I made from my last post? Well you need some of those for this recipe. I used about 12-14 cookies. You need those cookies because the recipe today is Two Ingredient Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream!

This recipe is so easy and so good! Now before you guys get on me because technically this is more than two ingredients, but the base for the ice cream is only two ingredients. I discovered this recipe over the summer and have been playing around with it for some time now.  I’ve had this idea in my head and I am so excited to finally have it done. What’s still great about this recipe is it still only takes four ingredients (ok ok 7 when you make the cookies too) still not that bad. You could also cut the ingredients down by buying pre-made red velvet cookies. I wanted to use cookies because I thought they would hold up the texture and bite to them more than the cake, but you could used cake if you would like. 




Here’s how to make it.

Ingredients/Recipe

1 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 pt (2 Cups) of Heavy Cream
12-14 Red Velvet Cookies
1 Tub of Cream Cheese Frosting

First chill your bowl and mixers for about 30 minutes. While those are chilling, pour your can of sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl.  Break up your cookies into pieces, do all different sizes, and put them in the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk.

Take about half of the cream cheese frosting and put into a small bowl and microwave for about 3 seconds until slightly melted. If you go too far it will be too loose. You want it to have some body to it. If this happens just take some of the frosting from the tub and mix it in.

 After the bowl and mixers have been chilled, take out and pour the heavy cream in the bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. If you take it too far it will become butter. So watch closely it happens fast. It takes about 2-3 minutes. You can do this by hand it just takes a little longer.

Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and cookie mixture. Once you have it all incorporated you should have a pinkish/red mixture.

Place about a cup of the mixture into a container (I find large cottage cheese containers work great). Layer in some of the slightly melted cream cheese frosting, about a 1-2 tablespoons. When you serve it you want there to be pockets of the frosting. NOTE: you can use as much or as little of the cream cheese frosting, it’s really up to you. Repeat until you reach the top of the container. Continue with the next container.  I had a little left over so I used a smaller container for the rest and repeated the same process.

Place the containers into the freezer for about 4 hours. Once frozen take out and enjoy!

If you decide to go with premade Red Velvet Cake or Cupcakes, chop into pieces and mix in with the sweetened condensed mix right before mixing in the whipping cream. I would also skip the cream cheese frosting part because you have that from the cake or cupcakes.

The ice cream is creamy, sweet and chewy because of the cookies. You get those pockets of frosting that just take it over the top!

This recipe is a winner in my book. I hope you try it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment