Saturday, February 11, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Cookies!

Hey everyone! We are on the verge of Valentines day and here is my start to a grand recipe coming up this week. First I would like to say that I am praying for Whitney Houston's family. I grew up listening to her beautiful voice and am sad that we lost her at such a young age. There is not that many singers now that are like her and this is a sad day for me. I hope she found her peace.

Ok, sorry about that. I am super excited about these cookies because you can do so many things with them and they are super moist. You can even turn these into Red Velvet whoopie pies if you want. Its a very simple recipe and takes no time at all. If found it when searching Duncan  Hines website.  It is so easy all you need is a box of Red Velvet Cake mix, two eggs, and oil. This is also  your basic recipe for any cake box cookies. I went an extra step and rolled them in powdered sugar before baking. Here is the recipe and I hope you guys try this for your sweethearts. Go the extra mile and use a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut them into hearts! So cute!





Recipe adapted from Duncan Hines found here

1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/3 cup of oil.


Put your cake mix. 2 eggs (let them get to room temp) and 1/3 cup of oil in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon, or a use a mixer, until the cake mix is fully incorporated. Roll into balls and than roll into powdered sugar. Place on a baking sheet and bake 8-11 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes then place on a cooling rack.

That's it. Its all you have to do. These are super easy and are perfect for anytime, but are great for Valentines Day. Don't forget to save some from my next dessert coming soon!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment