Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (I used a low fat cream cheese)
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix (I used a sugar free)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries (I used almost two packages of FRESH strawberries)
- Whipped topping or whipped cream, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping, and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.
If you have tried this before leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Enjoy!