Tuesday, July 5, 2011

As promised a new Recipe!! Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

So how is everyone this morning? Still recovering from yesterday? I promised a new recipe for this week and here it is. This is a very easy, fun recipe and its perfect for any holiday or cookout and especially for the Fourth. I only have a picture of the final product. I always forget to take pictures of all the ingredients first and also the steps. This is a Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. I am sure many of you have tried it or made it before. This is it and the recipe follows. You can google the recipe and a million will come  up.  Here is a link  to the blog I found the recipe at Kelly's Recipes. Any changes I made I put in  ( ). I hope you try it and enjoy.


 I LOVE the layers of this, the salty pretzel crust and the sweet cream cheese filling, yum!!!

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Ingredients
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 3/4 cup melted butter
  • 3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (I used a low fat cream cheese)
  • 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
  • 2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix (I used a sugar free)
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries (I used almost two packages of FRESH strawberries)
  • Whipped topping or whipped cream, to garnish
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. 

In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping, and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled. 

In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.

To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping. 

If you have tried this before leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment