Friday, July 29, 2011

Easy Brunch Egg Frittata Recipe

Happy Friday everyone!!! So yesterday I asked what you would like to see today and someone mention brunch, so I will give you a great brunch item. It is so good and it would be great for breakfast , lunch or dinner, but it is especially great for brunches and easy on the pocket.

So what is it???

A frittata!

I was actually making these quite a bit earlier this year because I wanted to “bulk up.”  It is super simple and requires very few ingredients unless you want to go all out.  Now when I was bulking up I would use 16-18 eggs in mine and make it last 5-6 meals.  I am giving you a scaled down version that you can make that will feed 4-6.  It really depends on how many eggs you use. I figure two eggs per person.  If you do not know if your skillet is oven safe either put it in a cake pan or wrap the skillet handle with tin foil (this is what I do, which I learned from Rachael Ray). 



Ingredients
  • 8 eggs, beaten
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • Pinch salt
  • 2 TBS EVOO
  • 1 medium Onion chopped
  • 3-4 Roasted Red Pepper  thinly chopped
  • 1 Cup of French style Green Beans
  • ½ cup of Black Beans
  • 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In medium size bowl, using a fork, blend together eggs, pepper, and salt. Once the eggs are beaten add the cheese.  Heat a large non-stick, oven safe sauté pan over medium high heat. Add EVOO to pan. Add chopped onion, roasted red pepper, black beans and green beans to pan and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan and stir with rubber spatula. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set up on the sides and top. Sprinkle with parsley.

Place pan into oven and back 25-30 minutes until set firm.

Slide out using a spatula, cut into pieces and serve.  I love topping my eggs with salsa so enjoy any way you like!

I hope you guys enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment