Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quick Easy meal on a HOT summer day- Ravioli with Arugula, Tomatoes and Pancetta

Hello everyone how are you?  Has your week been going fast? Mine has gone way to fast. I didn't have many hours at work and had a ton of things I wanted to do at home and never got to it.  Don't you hate that feeling?  It is like a stay home vacation where you want to do a ton of stuff but never get around to doing it.  Well I have the majority of today to get things done and then tomorrow before I finally have more hours again.

So if you live where I live we are under a major heat wave.  We need rain really bad.  Its so hot i don't want to even grill outside, and me and the grill are a scary thing.  I will tell you that story at another time (it's really not that bad). 

Here is a simple and quick dinner for a hot summer day.  It is from Giada De Laurentiis This recipe is a revisit to a recipe I already had on here, but it was so long ago I wanted to share it with you again.  You need one skillet and one pot to make these.

Brown the pancetta, add your canned tomatoes and arugula.

 Wilt your arugula with the canned tomatoes
 And your done! I had roasted cauliflower on the side, don't worry about turning on the oven, its wayyyyy to hot. Buy a nice loaf of bread from your store's bakery and have that with it.


I didn't really change anything.  Arugula has a bite to it, so if you don't think you would like it, swap it out for spinach it will be just as good! Also if you cannot find pancetta you can either swap it out for bacon, or just leave it out.


Since this is from Food Network and due to copyrights I will post the link for the recipe. I hope you all are staying cool and enjoy!
Ravioli with Arugula, Tomatoes and Pancetta

No comments:

Post a Comment