Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Staying Cool with No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Happy Tuesday everyone!  How have you all been?  Still staying cool? I noticed I haven’t had any sweets on the site since I restarted so I wanted to give you guys a quick and easy sweet and something you don’t have to turn on your oven, just your stove.  It is a tired and true recipe but it’s so good.  What makes me enjoy it so much is not the chocolate or the sweetness, but texture. I love the oatmeal that gives this cookie the texture.  There isn’t many ingredients so you might already have everything on hand.



Ingredients
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • I used ½ cup of almond milk b/c that is all I had on hand. Regular milk is fine
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • Waxed paper
Directions

Take all the ingredients, except for the peanut, vanilla  and oatmeal and bring to a boil. THIS STEP IS MAJOR, once it is at a rolling boil, let it boil for one minute to a minute and 30 seconds.  Take it off the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.  Once that is melted in, mix in your oatmeal.  I let it stand in the pot for another minute and used a small melon scoop to scoop out the mixture and placed it on wax paper.  I then used a spoon to make them more into a round cookie shape.  I made over 48 so it just depends on how big of a scoop you take out. Let cool and enjoy!

I hope you guys like this one, it is another recipe to do with the kids, so make up and enjoy!

P.S Here is a special one, I added a little cool whip (which is way to soft for the middle, but who cares it was all in fun) and make a No Bake whoopie cookie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment