Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weekend Special Roasted Jalapeno Poppers-Appetizer

How is everyone this weekend so far?  I have been up very early because I couldn’t sleep. I’ve been sipping coffee all day and I am hoping I can make it through my closing shift tonight because I am tired. 

 

I was driving around today and I cannot believe how the leaves are changing so fast! There was one tree that almost had all the leaves missing! It is scary how fast everything is changing. Fall is so beautiful and I enjoy it so much.

 

I wanted to give you guys a really easy appetizer which would be great for a game day party.  Roasted Jalapeno Poppers. I saw this on a 30 minute meal and new it would be amazing.I served these as an appetizer for a dinner party and they were a hit. The feta cheese sounded weird but added a great contrast and depth of flavor. Trust me use it, plus its only 2 ounces it’s not all that much. I adapted the recipe to what I had on hand. It called for a hot shredded cheese or sharp cheddar, but I just had normal cheddar on hand.  I also added more jalapenos because there is so much mixture that I wanted to use it all. One last thing I lowered the oven temperature to they would slowly roast. 

 

These are amazing and I hope you guys try them either for an appetizer or for your game day party.

 

 

Adapted from Rachael Ray's Roasted jalapeno Popper

 

Ingredients:

  • 16 large jalapeno peppers
  • 2 ounces feta cheese
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 4 ounces shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • A small handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons grated onion

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut 1/3 of each pepper off lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking sheet. If peppers do not sit flat on the baking sheet, slice a thin piece off the bottom of the pepper so it will not roll around.

Mash the feta, cream cheese, shredded cheese, cilantro, and onion together and stuff the peppers with the mixture. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is brown at the edges and bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment