Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Creamy, Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese


Hello everyone! I can be the most indecisive person ever. No really, I am. I can go back and forth in my head all day about if I should do this or that, or buy this or that. I don’t know if its because I don’t want to be let down, or if I am just very cautious on what I am doing/buying.

Unfortunately last week my phone stopped texting and I decided it was time to upgrade. The only thing was I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a new phone. They always break or something goes wrong, newer  phones come out with better features, the list goes on. I have done some research this past week and decided on two phones, but when back and forth even at the store. I played with the phones, but it I couldn’t decide. This was a hard choice. I have to have this phone for two years. Yuck. 

Anyways I decided on a phone and I am happy with my choice…I guess. I could have spent more money and got the latest and greatest, but I didn’t. I settle for something a little less and I am praying this works out. I really like it and hope this lasts and works for my needs, which really isn’t much beside’s some texting.
I can also go back and forth with what meal to show you guys. It’s another thing I go back and forth with. I always want to show you guys something good and worth trying. I think this meal is a great one to show you guys.

I called this one a slow cooker meal, but I mainly used the slow cooker to keep it warm. This is slow cooker mac and cheese. I still prepared the pasta in one pot and the cheese sauce in another, but I mixed it all together in the crockpot and set it on warm. I did have to keep stirring it once in a while and even turn if off, but it is well worth it. I brought this in for a pot luck and everyone enjoyed it. Here is how you do it.




Ingredients/recipe

Adapted from Paula Deen

16 oz of elbow macaroni
1 can 15 oz of evaporated milk
2 cans of condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 stick of butter (you can go a little less)
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup of monetary jack cheese
½ cup of sour cream
4 oz of cream cheese
½ ts of dry mustard
½ ts of paprika
½ ts of garlic powder

First, boil a pot of water and cook past until shy of al dente. Remember you are keeping it warm in the crockpot so it will keep cooking. 

While you are cooking your pasta in another pot, melt your butter and add your can of evaporated milk. Stir in your two cans of condensed cheddar cheese soup, your cheese, dry mustard, paprika garlic powder and cream cheese. Let all melt together and simmer on low. 

When the pasta is done, mix in your sour cream into your cheese sauce and season with salt and pepper. Pour your pasta into your crockpot and pour your cheese sauce over that. Mix well and turn on your slow cooker to warm. Let warm for about ½ hour and enjoy!

Remember to stir your mac and cheese so it doesn’t stick. Also you may have to turn off your crockpot if it gets too hot.

I hope you guys try this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment