Friday, April 13, 2012

White Sour Cream Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting

Hello!

I cannot believe its the end of the week already. It has been a crazy week too. My manager told me they are moving her to a new store and our assistant manager is moving to the store manager. This leaves a gap in the management team so it will be interesting to see if they are going to fill the position from a person outside or inside the store.

I will miss my manager because I have learned many things from her, but this is a really good move for her. I am taking everything in a relaxed mode. I don't know what to expect, so I'm taking my best advice and taking it one day at a time.

Since things have seemed a little crazy, plus with my phone dying and the accident I caused in my kitchen, I thought nothing could make a crazy day seem better than with a  cupcake. I'm not talking about any old fashioned cupcake, I want a decked out fancy cupcake and that is what I am going to show you today.

This is my White Sour Cream, Marshmallow Cream filling and cream cheese frosting cupcake. It is a wonderful sugar rush and worth baking for any type of party. I actually tested these a month ago, and brought them into work. These cupcakes were made especially for the January and February birthdays at my job and people loved them. My distract manager even wanted the recipe. What is even better is you use a cake mix! How awesome is that?

Filled and ready to be frosted

Frosted

they look so nice

Look at these little guys!

almost to cute to eat..almost

look at that yummy filling!!!


I broke the recipe down into parts. You can use what you want or just make the whole thing.

Here's how to do it.

Ingredients/recipe

Cupcakes: Adapted from the Cake Doctor

1 (18.25 ounce) package of plain white cake mix
3 tbs vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of water
3 large eggs
1 ts almond extract

Preheat your oven to 350. Line your cupcake pan with liners.

Place the cake mix, pudding, sour cream oil water, eggs and extract in a mixing bowl, and beat on  low speed until the ingredients are mixed. Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl and increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. The batter should be blended.

Scoop 1/4 cup of bagtter into your cupcake tin. Bake the cupcakes until the tops are golden and spring back about 18-22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes and take the cupcakes out of the pan and cool on a wire rack until cool, about 45 minutes before filling with the filling.

Marshmallow Cream from Gingerbread Bagels

1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

 Place the marshmallow cream and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium until fully combined. Add in vanilla extract and mix.

Fill a pastry bag fitted with a round tip, with the mixture. Press into the cupcake and squeeze about a tablespoon, pulling the pastry bag up as you fill.

Cream Cheese Icing from Annie Eats

10 oz. cream cheese, chilled
6½ tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
3¼ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
4 tsp. clear vanilla extract

Beat the cream cheese and butter on medium until combined and fluffy. Add in the sugar on low speed until mixed in and than bump the speed up to medium and beat until light and fluffy about 3-4 minutes. Mix in vanilla. Pipe the frosting onto the the cupcakes.

I really hope you guys try these, they are so good and totally worth it.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment