Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Black Pepper Chicken and Peppers


Hello and Happy Hump day! What a week this far! Doesn’t it suck when your week starts out crappy? I messed my floor up on Monday, and I was trying to clean when it happened and on than later that night my phone stopped texting! I had to down grade to my old blackberry. It runs so slow! I am so thankful that I saved my old phone, but I am looking for a new one. Any ideas? I have no idea what to get. They are all expensive and I don’t need a ton of options, but I want something reliable. I am just going to have to keep looking.

Well while I worry about which type of phone to get, how about an awesome chicken and pepper dish? This couldn’t be simpler and easy. Plus the ingredient list is so low it will blow your mind! 

This is my black pepper chicken and peppers. I love spicy food and this is my healthy take on one of my favorite dishes when I allow myself to eat at a China Buffet (yes I allow myself once in awhile, everything in moderation). Here is how you do it.


yes lots of black pepper

don't cook those veggies to long



Ingredients/recipe

2 pounds of boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
3 red peppers
1 large onion, or 2 medium
3-4 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
Salt and pepper
Evoo

First cut your chicken into small cubes and season with salt and lots of black pepper. Add a little evoo to a pan and sauté them until cooked through on medium high heat. While the chicken is cooking, chop your peppers and onion into strips and season with salt and pepper (I went heavy on the pepper). 

When your chicken is in its last minute of cooking, add your peppers and onions to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes, but not to long so they have a slight bite to them.  Season with  soy sauce. Let simmer for one minute and take off the heat. 

That is it! How easy is that?! I served mine with quinoa and rice, but brown rice would also make a great side. I hope you guys try this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment