Monday, April 9, 2012

Easy Tomato, Onion, Basil and Swiss Cheese Frittata

Hello. How was everyone's Easter? Mine was really nice and I ate a ton of food, which I enjoyed very much. I was really tired for some reason too. I found myself nodding off the whole day. I guess I was in a real food coma all day.

I started my day off with an easy frittata.  I love frittats. They are great make ahead meals and great for breakfast or brunch. I wanted to make a super simple one with just a few flavors, but I wanted the flavors to really stand out and work well with each other. With my roommates help, I decided on green onions, tomatoes and Swiss cheese. I had some basil sitting in the fridge so I used that too.

I love how the cheese on top forms a nice crust, yum!

That is what I call breakfast

Here is how you do it;

Ingredients/recipe

Serves 4-6 people

12 eggs

4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
5 green onions (scallions), chopped
4-6 basil leaves finally chopped
1/2 cup of Swiss cheese, shredded

Start off by chopping your tomatoes and onions and saute those in a pan for a few minutes 3-4. Break all your eggs and season with pepper. Whisk your eggs together until all mixed. I add in the black pepper with I do this. Add your chopped basil and give it a final whisk. Add to the pan, stir everything together and let the frittata set up for 2 minutes.

While your frittata is setting up, spread your cheese and right before your put it into the oven, sprinkle your cheese all over the top. The cheese will get nice and bubbly, and form a nice crust.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Take out, let rest for a few minutes and enjoy!

You guys this is a super easy meal and would be perfect anytime. I hope you guys try this one. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment