Monday, April 30, 2012

Cheese and Green Chile Enchiladas

Hello and Happy Monday! I was thinking about things to talk about last night right before bed and now I don't remember! How was everyone's weekend? I had a really nice weekend away from work, which
was much needed, and now I am sitting here hoping time doesn't go to fast before work.

I do have a wonderful dinner, that is sooo simple its unbelievable. This is Cheese and Green Chile Enchiladas. These tasted just like the real thing and was soo delicious. the only thing I didn't do was toast up my lavash wraps and I wish I did because the bottoms were a little soggy. The insides were nice and cheese and creamy-so good!

Here is how you do it:

Mix the ingredients

cut your lavash wraps

fill your wrap


Add them to your pan



Not the best picture, but trust me it was really good!


Ingredients/recipe

Adapated from Rachael Ray

2 cups of Monterey jack cheese
2 4-ounce cans diced green chilies, drained
2 can of chicken breast shredded (or 2-3 cups of shredded chicken breast)
1 cup light sour cream
1 small yellow onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
A small handful cilantro leaves, chopped, plus whole leaves for topping
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can of red enchilada sauce
Salt and Pepper
4 Lavash wraps cut in half (8 wraps)
Thinly sliced jalapeƱo peppers and red onions, for topping
1 lime

Mix your cheese, green chilies, chicken breast, sour cream, garlic, cilantro and cumin. Taking one lavash wrap at at a time fill with the mixture.

Place each wrap into a pan and top with the enchilada sauce and bake 15 minutes.  Take out of the pan and top with sliced jalapenos, red onions, cilantro.

This is a great dish and I hope you guys try it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment