Friday, March 9, 2012

Egg Roll-Up


Hello all! It’s been a little bit since I blogged this week, but I made a quick trip to Florida and now I am back. I had a really good time, spent a little more than I wanted to and wasn’t ready to come back. 

I tried so much food that I am still stuffed! I wasn’t able to get pictures of everything, but just to tell you a few things that I tried; Alligator bites and Fish tacos from Tu Tu Tango. It was a really cool restaurant with three kitchens, and art work from local artist throughout the restaurant. It was really awesome restaurant and alligator doesn’t taste like chicken, but it was still good. I also had breakfast at The White Wolf Café, which was a simple egg wrap, yum-o! I also was able to try a Cuban sandwich. I don’t recall the name of the restaurant, but it was crowded! The Cuban was amazing and I was so happy to try! I also tried a falafel sandwich for the first time and it was delicious too! 

I would love to make a Cuban and show you guys, for now I have a breakfast egg roll up. This seems intimidating, but have no fear its super simple! Here is what you need to do;





 Ingredients/recipe

Adapted from Taste of Home (I cannot find the direct link)
 
·  4 ounces cream cheese, softened
·  3/4 cup milk
·  1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
·  2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
·  12 eggs
·  1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
·  1 small onion, chopped
·  2 teaspoons canola oil
·  1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
·  1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
·  1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided

First whisk together your cream cheese, milk, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 12 eggs (you can add salt and pepper to taste of you like). Once whisked all together, spay a baking sheet, or jelly-roll pan. Pre-heat your oven to 350 and bake for 10-12 minutes.

While your egg is baking in the oven, sauté the canola oil, onion and mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are brown, take off heat. 

When the eggs are done baking, take out and top with the mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, mushrooms and tomato. Starting with the shorter end, roll it up. Be careful because it will be hot. Place seam side down. Garnish with parsley, cherry tomatoes and extra Italian seasoning, cut and enjoy!

I hope you guys try this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment