Monday, March 19, 2012

Sub Week!


Hello! How was everyone’s weekend? I was lucky enough to have it off and I relaxed, cleaned, enjoyed the beautiful weather, and planned meals. 

My poor roommate either had someone break into his car, or someone ride along in his car. We put boxes into the back of his SUV and noticed that the screen cover was pulled all the way out, and the blanket he has back there was all out of place and bunched up. He wasn’t sure when it happened, or how, but it is pretty scary to think that someone went into the back of his car and possibly rode along. 

On a lighter note I am excited to announce SUB WEEK! Yes a week full of homemade subs. These are simple, affordable, healthy subs that you can make at home. These are just suggestions. You can pretty much do anything with these subs so here is my first sub and a take on it.

The only thing about this sub is I cannot figure out a name.  Its not a quite a rueben, but its close. 

This is a Turkey Giardiniera and sauerkraut

Wrap tightly in tin foil

look at that, I want to eat the whole thing!

my mouth is drooling...

look at this! so excited!


Ingredients/recipe
1 loaf of whole wheat bread
1 jar of giardiniera, chopped
1/2 pound of deli turkey meat
Swiss cheese
Mustard

Preheat your oven to 350. 


Cut your bread in half, but don't slice all the way through. Put a layer of Swiss cheese, turkey met, giardiniera and mustard. Wrap tightly in tin foil and place in oven for about 10 minutes.

Take out and enjoy!

I love homemade subs because you can do anything with these! I hope you guys make some homemade subs and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment