Friday, March 2, 2012

Mocha-Toffee Truffle Bars

Hello. Today has been a crazy day! The weather has been crazy! We have been under a tornado watch all day and we have had heavy rain, hail, high winds and tornado's. Thankfully the tornado's did not come into my town, but I pray for everyone that was hit by a tornado today. Please be safe if these storms have not hit you. What awful weather we are having for March!

Today I wanted to give you guys a dessert. I made these as part of my cookie extravaganza and they were amazing! I came across this recipe in one of my many holiday cookie magazines from Betty Crocker.  Don't be afraid of the mocha taste, its really not that strong. These where chewy because of the toffee and have a really nice chocolatey taste. These are a must try and great for any occasion. Here is how you do it.

Not as pretty as the Betty Crocker picture, but trust me, these are worth it. Look at that toffee topping and chocolate middle. So good! The other cookies are chai spiced cookies. I'll show those another day.


Ingredients/recipe

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 package (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 package (8 oz) toffee bits (1 1/2 cups)
1 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
   
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, melted butter and egg until soft dough forms. Spread dough in bottom of a 9x13-inch ungreased pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. 
While the dough bottom is cooking, heat the sweetened condensed milk uncovered on High for 1 minute. Stir in espresso powder and mix until dissolved. I had to reheat mine to finish getting it dissolved.
Sprinkle warm crust with chocolate chips, toffee bits and peanuts. Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture evenly over peanuts.
Bake 23 to 27 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly in center. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.

 I want these right now! I hope you guys try these and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment