Friday, March 16, 2012

Reuben Pull Apart Bread

Hello and Happy Pre-St. Patty’s Day! I really enjoy all the festivities that take place around this holiday. I think it is so cool that Chicago dyes the Chicago river green. I have never gone there the day it is being done, but I have visited a few days after when it still has a light green tint. I am not a big drinker so for me it is all about the food. I love being able to have sweets or Reuben’s, even though I can make this anytime of the year. 

I saw this recipe on The Rachael Ray Talk Show awhile ago, made it and saved it just for this week. It's very simple and you make your own homemade dressing! Love it! It is so good and I really hope you guys try this and like it. 

Oh yes homemade Thousand Island Dressing! Its easy, trust me!

I used a smaller bread and it was a sourdough bread.

The Finished product, so good!









 You can find the original recipe and a video here.

Adapted from Rachael Ray.

Ingredients/recipe

1 loaf of Sourdough bread
1/2 cup sauerkraut, washed and drained
1 1/2 cups chopped corned beef
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup relish

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Cut the bread so it forms squares, not cutting to the bottom.
Place the bread on a baking sheet and stuff the bread with sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Bake in the oven for about 10- 12 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine sour cream, ketchup and relish. Season with salt and pepper.


Remove bread from oven and top with the ketchup and sour cream sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment