Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Day of Sub-Week with Messy Giuseppe's

Hello! How is everyone today? Sometimes I am lost for works. I am not sure why because I love to talk, but today I don’t have much.

I think the main reason is I am super excited about the end of sub-week. This is more of a sloppy joe, but you put it in a roll, that has butter, garlic and lots of cheese and basil. I saw this on Rachael Ray years ago when I first started cooking. My family is obsessed with these. We used to make them all the time. 

This sloppy joe is called Messy Giuseppe. Rachael Ray called them Italian sloppy joes.  I really hope you guys try these, they are amazing and I promise this will be a weekly staple.

Its Messy, and I might have left the bread in to long, but sooooooo good!

That's the stuff, look at that goodness! TRY THIS!

These are from Rachael Ray Talk Show

Ingredients/Recipe

      2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
      1 pound ground, 90 percent lean sirloin
      1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped 
1 small onion, chopped
5 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium portobello mushroom cap, finely chopped
A pinch of allspice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Coarse salt and black pepper
1/2 cup red wine
3/4 cup beef stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
5-8 fresh basil leaves, about 1/4 cup, chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
4 crusty hoagie rolls
1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices 
Preheat the broiler to high.

Heat a large skillet with evoo and add the ground beef and cook until lightly browned, breaking up the meat. Add green pepper, onion, 3/4 of the garlic, mushrooms, allspice, red pepper flakes and a little salt and pepper to the beef and let cook for a few minutes 5-8.

Add the wine and cook another minute then add the beef stock, Worcestershire and tomatoes. Bring the mixture up to a bubble, than reduce the heat to medium-low and  let simmer for  about 10 minutes. Add in your chopped parsley.

While the meat is simmering, combine the remaining garlic with the soft butter, basil, Parmesan cheese and a little salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Split the rolls in half lengthwise but don’t cut all the way through. Press open the rolls by flattening them out a little bit. Spread the butter mixture on both sides of roll and place 2 slices of the mozzarella on each roll. Toast  until the cheese is all melted and kind of brown, just a few minutes 2-3 minutes.

Take out the rolls and top them with the meat mixture and enjoy!

I want these right now. I really hope you guys try these, they are delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment